Monday, October 6, 2008

Last Hoorah of Summer

OK ... So it was not very fair to say that "everyone" had a good weekend last weekend. Jeff was definitely a little under the weather on Sunday (of last weekend).

This week was pretty busy. I had 3 different powerpoint presentations to give to different groups and it was pretty stressful. I was so ready for Friday afternoon to arrive. When I got home, apparently Jeff was very ready for Friday afternoon as well. Quinton is learning how many of daddy's "buttons" he can push.

Quinton and I went next door and hung out with "the girls". We actually trespassed into Cathy's yard to play on her swing set. For some reason, I got my cell phone out and we had a photo op. Here is a link to some pictures of Quinton and his "next-door-neighbor-big-sisters" (including a few at Marissa's b-day and then the Friday afternoon pics): http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=247131628/a=78723632_78723632/t_=78723632

Saturday night we had a dinner party with Lydia (does the med student teaching with me) and her boyfriend, Ryan and then Roger and Joy Quinn (they took Quinton to see their horses last year). I had a great time and I think Jeff enjoyed it as well (he is much quieter than me--surprise, surprise..and they were "work" friends so there was some shop-talk).

Saturday was the "Last Hoorah of Summer" party at Oasis Craig. We heated the pool and made some last minute phone calls and had quite the party. The only down side was that I let Quinton eat what all the big kids were eating (popcicles and cheetos) and I do not think he showed much reserve (momma's boy). He got "sick" in the middle of the night and the baby wasn't feeling good either (no cheetos for him). Jeff and I were up from 11:30 until 3am (and Jeff even one more time after that) just consoling both boys. Oh well.......back to the grind. All feel better this morning.

0 comments: