Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Big Birthday Weekend

It has been a fun couple of days. Check out some of the pics: http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=247331454/a=78723632_78723632/t_=78723632Jeff and the kids went to the Orr Family Farm on Thursday. As you can see, Quinton is certainly adapting to his Oklahoma roots (but still bleeds burnt orange). Luckily, the dingo did not eat our sweet baby, Colby. It continues to be interesting watching Quinton at home versus out with other people and kids. He is so full of energy and smiles and talkative at home. However, as you can see from the pics (especially on the train), he just gets serious and very quiet out and about. I hope it is just because he is usually the youngest kid. It will be interesting to see if this means that he will be shy overall in life (like his Daddy:-) but Beavis and Butthead around his close friends (like his Daddy:-).

Jeff's Birthday: On Friday, Jeff's parents came to town and the group drove to Lawton, Oklahoma to eat at a famous burger joint. Then Jeff & I went to a cool movie theater in Moore, Oklahoma. In the upper balcony they serve food and drink (not popcorn) to you throughout the movie. It was pretty slick. And we enjoyed the movie Body of Lies.

On Saturday we hung out at home most of the day trying to complete things that have been on the To-Do-List way too long. One thing Jeff took care of (along with the help of his Dad and me doing some pushing) was to pick up THE ROCK that he bought a week and a half ago. We have lovely tiles with our street address that Patty brought back from Spain this summer that we are going to mount on the front. You know that we have become domesticated when we get excited about buying a rock. We played out in the yard and I decided to see if Colby could wear Quinton's halloween outfit from last year.

Saturday night my mom (Nana or Mimi, Quinton hasn't decided for sure which) watched the kiddos while Jeff & I ate a fancy-shmancy meal at Nonna's. Very tasty, indeed.

Tasha's Birthday: Today (Sunday) we don't have much planned. My mom is bringing us lunch. Otherwise we will hang around the house and play in the yard. Sounds perfect to me! I actually got my b-day gift on Friday night: the new I-Phone. I have been lusting after it for too long. It is all that they say and more. Very slick and much better online interaction than my Blackjack was.

0 comments: